There are times in all romantic relationships when things don't run smoothly and can be difficult to understand--even in the most ideal of circumstances. Although relationships have their ups and downs, there are things you can both do that can minimize problems. Below are five of the most common relationship problems along with solutions that can help you have a better relationship.
1. Communication The foundation and relative success of every relationship you maintain in life is built on communication; however, it is also the most common relationship problem. All relationship problems stem from poor communication skills, but if you want your relationship to work, you need to learn how to talk and listen properly to your partner.
It's no secret--men and women have very different communication styles; however, most men don't realize that a woman's idea of communication means actually listening to what she has to say and understanding her, as well as relate to her problems without judging her or providing unwanted advice. So, block off an hour or two for quality time with her and make the effort after a long day to discuss work, friends, your relationship, etc..
2. Sex Their comes a time in any sexual relationship when you may feel you are not getting what you want or that you are not satisfying your woman. Even couples who love each other can be incompatible sexually. Compounding these problems is the fact that men and women alike are sorely lacking in sex education and sexual self-awareness.
If sitting down together and having a talk session about improving your sex life is too difficult, you may find that it is easier for you to show your partner what you want done differently or guide your partner during lovemaking. You may even find that your partner might have suggestions of her own. If you keep an open mind and attitude, you can avoid offending her and actually improve both of your styles and skills in the bedroom.
3. Not prioritizing your relationship You can schedule time for sports, eating and going out with the fellas, don't you? So why should scheduling quality time with your woman be any different? Schedule time together on the calendar just as you would any other important event in your life and keep her interested in the relationship by doing things like making gestures of appreciation, compliment her, contacting her throughout the day, and showing genuine interest in her.
4. Trust Trust is an essential part of any relationship. Ask yourself if there are certain behaviors or unresolved issues that are causing you and your partner not to trust each other? You and your partner can resolve trust issues by making a sincere effort to be open and truthful with each other, letting go of past grievances and doing simple things like being consistent, calling when you say you will, respecting each others boundaries and not overreacting when things go wrong.
5. Moving too fast Some couples can go from casual to serious very quickly because they have so much in common or because of great sex. Some people move so quickly in new relationships that they become blinded by what they believe is true love or they're simply tired of being alone and would rather be with anyone to feel loved.
Whatever the reason, some relationships get way too serious way too fast and if you find yourself in such a situation, you might start looking for ways to take it down a notch. Doing things like group dating, avoiding spending the night at her place or inviting her to spend the night at yours and making post-date plans will keep you from spending all of your free time with her will make things feel a little less serious--at least for the time being.